It’s precisely May 8 at 10:00 in the morning and it’s a Jazzfest day, or so I’ve been told when I called my mother.
That’s right y’all it’s mothers day.
Here are a few simple things to do to honor your mother:
1. Have a coffee date. It can be virtual or live. I did it with my mom over the phone. Ah nothing like hearing jazz on speaker while sipping a café au lait (thanks for that one too, mom).
2. Think of her when you do laundry, kiss that boy, (especially then) get dressed in the morning (would your mother approve of that outfit?) and lastly when you see something beautiful like flowers (sunflowers for my wise one) or a rainbow.
3. Know that moms have the power to fix anything. It’s as if they acquire this super human knowledge when they become a mom. If they can’t do something, it magically becomes possible. Watch what you do and say, your mom just might surprise you with her wealth of knowledge.
4. It’s OK to have a non-traditional mom, or more than one mom or a mom figure. As long as you have someone to give you great advice you’re set.
5. So, the next time you’re fighting with your mom or cursing her for giving you annoying hair, think about all the times she’s been there for you. Love your momma(s) to the fullest, because she’ll always love you.
I love you mom, you crazy southerner you.