Ah finals, that lovely time when the library becomes your best friend and all-nighters and lattes are normal. Well I don’t know, but that just doesn’t sound very fun.
I finished finals early and since I don’t have to do anything except write a few papers, I’m here to help all of you silly kids who chose a difficult major such as science.
1. Lay off the caffeine. Seriously though it’s not attractive to talk about a million miles a minute. Honestly, no one will want to talk you and shaking from the caffeine intake is not cool.
2. DO NOT CRAM. I know, I know you want to party or watch tv, but finals are more important. Trust me on this one, Hulu was invented for a reason and future employers (or maybe even your parents) will be much more impressed with your 3.7 GPA than your ability to recount details from last week’s Desperate Housewives.
3. Eat healthy. I understand that it’s convenient, but if you snack on apples instead of candy and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches instead of fried chicken, you’ll be able to not only memorize better but also test better. So adopt the diet of a healthy seven-year-old and your brain and body will thank you.
4. Dress for success. I go by the theory if you dress well, you will do well in life, careers and relationships. Basically, if you are wearing sweatpants instead of jeans, you feel lazy and in turn do poorly on your final. If you feel and look good, there will be a positive outcome.
5. Finally, sleep. Sleep is necessary for the body and deprivation cannot result in a good outcome. Sleep means your brain can rest and so can your body. If you sleep, you will do much better on your finals and your body and transcript will thank you.
Good luck on finals and good luck studying.