Well I’m back after living under the study-for-classes rock and it’s a good thing too because Jazz Fest starts today at 11 a.m.
Jazz Fest is the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival which is basically a huge two week music festival with awesome bands, amazing food and cool crafts.
With festival season jus starting in New Orleans, here are some festival tips to ensure the grooviest time ever:
1. Bring essentials, but keep in mind regulations. Jazz Fest has rules such as no outside food or drinks, no coolers, etc… A full list can be viewed here:http://www.nojazzfest.com These essentials do include sunscreen, Louisiana is hot. On that note, make sure you have adequate sun protection, my favorite way is a big hat like this:
2. Make sure you are weather appropriate. New Orleans has a tendancy to be 85 degrees and sunny one day and 65 and pouring the next. Bring: A blanket/tarp that you can fold, wear rain boots if it’s going to rain or if it’s muddy, bring a poncho and a light jacket.
3. Also, wear comfy clothing. I usually opt for shorts and tank top. If that’s not your thing, wear a dress. Just remember, it’s an outdoor music festival in a sometimes muddy area. In short, don’t wear something that you car about.
4. Control the liquor intake. Heat and alcohol is not always a good combination. I understand that in New Orleans the tourits think it’s O.K. to drink copious amounts of alcohol. Hint: it’s not, and we judge you. Don’t get day drunk, no one wants to see that.
5. Finally, Jazz Fest is an ALL-AGES event, which means there will be children there. Conduct yourself in a respectable manner and you won’t get thrown out.
Fo the lineup and more go to the official Jazz Fest website:http://www.nojazzfest.com/
Here’s a little preview of one of today’s headliners: Band of Horses: